Duration Initial / Recurrent
Web Based Training | WBTTopics Covered Expand
- Aera and route knowledge
- Terrain and minimum safe altitudes
- Seasonal meteorological conditions
- Meteorological, communication and air traffic facilities, services and procedures
- Search and rescue procedures where available
- Navigational facilities associated with the area or route along which the flight is to take place
- Aerodrome training include knowledge of:
- physical layout
- approach aids and arrival, departure, holding and instrument approach procedures
- applicable operating minima
- ground movement considerations
- Method of categorisation of aerodromes/heliports and operating sites, list of those aerodrome categorised as B or C.
In order to prepare and perform a safe flight, the piilot should be familiar with his environment. This includes the terrain, minimum safe altitudes, navigational facilities and aerodrome categories.